I’m excited because I’m posting a personal blog (I miss this) and it’s our 6th Year Wedding Anniversary today! OMG, I’m so proud of us that we got this far. It feels good and it inspires me to build more good memories with Chris. Marriage is a blessing and it’s a special gift from God.
What we experienced in 6 years?
I’ll list down all the Pros and Cons like I usually do to give critiques, in the same way I review products. It’s time for me to review our relationship after 6 years of management hihihi
Like I said, marriage is a blessing it never becomes a condemnation. I know some people will say “that’s not true! I don’t agree with that.” especially if they have a broken marriage and I understand that everyone is unique with different opinions and affirmations in life but I’m proud to say that this one is mine.
Marriage is love, so we should cherish and love one another. There might be rocks that will hit the walls of your fortress or typhoons that might knock it down but the key is to hold onto your marriage and be thankful that you’re blessed to be married and not alone. The only factor in building a good marriage is you, me and ourselves. It will be a blessing unless we ruin it.
Chris and I are not a perfect couple, way far from perfect. We fight sometimes, we laugh and cried but we chose to be blessed and remained thankful that we have each other. But like normal couples, we have had difficulties adjusting with one another, especially since we are two different people with different character. But being different is not a curse, it is just something that humans should accept and deal with. We don’t only experience this with our spouse anyways, but everywhere in life.
So like I promised, here’s a review for our 6 years of marriage 😊
1. We have been with each other like literally 24/7 and never felt bored always seeing each other.
2. He’s such a supportive husband to me in many ways and I hope he feels the same way too 😊
3. It’s good that we both like staying at home and that neither of us are too adventurous – I’m more paranoid about traveling (I’m afraid of flying or visiting new places that I’m not familiar with).
4. We’re both focusing on being faithful, honest and direct with each other.
5. When we fight, we always solve it before we go to sleep.
6. We respect each other in our own unique ways.
7. We don’t focus on giving each other gifts but we’re focusing more on where we can eat good food or what movie/show we can watch together.
8. We both love having each other
9. We both care for each other
10. And most especially we love each other so much 😊❤️
1. I don’t like when we fight or get crazy over little things.
2. I was too strict and impatient before when we first lived together.
3. He easily got a little irritated these past few months and I’m trying to remind him to calm his mind down so he’ll relax and stay calm.
4. I’ve been battling with my PMS and sometimes he doesn’t understand that.
5. I easily get upset when I just clean the room and then see him starting to mess up my arrangement.
6. I am impatient with him sometimes.
7. I don’t like when he doesn’t plan his daily tasks since I’m always planning mine.
8. He doesn’t like it when I joke about things that offend him and I am starting to cut down on that for him.
9. We both have an unhealthy sleeping pattern and sometimes take turns blaming each other.
10. We still need to improve our inner peace in order to build a stronger foundation for a healthy relationship.
See, like normal couples we’ve gone through a lot but the key is to accept it and to keep the love burning!